Hope Through Health – Kara Region, Togo, West Africa
- Impact: To increase access to high quality healthcare provided at these four facilities. This will be seen through increasing utilization rates of these facilities. Provide care and provide women at least 4 prenatal consultations. Increase the amount of women having facility based deliveries from 33% to 85%. HTH emphasizes rigorous monitoring and evaluation processes to ensure high quality care.
- Why Togo? Togo has been voted the saddest place on earth for three years in a row.
- Project Partners: Hope Through Health
About the Facility:
- The Adabawere Maternity Ward will be a one floor addition to the existing Adabawere Clinic. The facility will include a waiting room, midwife office, hospitalization room (with 8 bed capacity), labor room, delivery room, newborn care room, midwife overnight watch room, birth attendant overnight watch room, and common office.
- The second phase of this project will include renovations to the Djamde, Kpindi and Sarakawa clinics, which will include extensive repairs and renovations to the existing structures.
- This project will break ground in the end of December 2016.