Partners in Health – Nsambe, Malawi – (Finished)
- Impact: This health center will serve a community of 30,000 people in the Neno District of Malawi and more from surrounding areas, including across the border into Mozambique.
- Why Nsambe? 1 in 10 adults are HIV+.
- Project Partners: Partners in Health, Abwenzi Pa Za Umoyo, and Malawi’s Ministry of Health.
About the Facility:
- The Nsambe Clinic will serve thousands of people in the rural Neno District by addressing the need for free, basic primary care and lowering the barrier of access. There is currently no other public facility in this impoverished region. The health center will include a lab, dispensary, treatment and consultation facilities, and office space. Onsite housing for medical staff will combat transportation issues and allow for round-the-clock emergency care.
- The building construction was completed in August 2015.
- Partners in Health opened this clinic March 2016!